Tyres play a key role in your vehicle’s overall health, which is why regular tyre maintenance and repairs are needed to maintain your vehicle’s safety and roadworthiness. If you neglect getting a tyre rotation or wheel alignment, you could be jeopardising your safety out on the road.
Should you be worried about your car’s tyres and want an accurate auto diagnosis, turn to Marque 1. We offer professional car tyre services alongside general car servicing to make us your go-to car garage in Peterborough!
How Do I Know if My Tyres Need Replacing?
There are four common signs which suggest that your car may need a tyre replacement. They are:
- Having to refuel your vehicle more often than normal due to uneven tyre wear or a slow puncture wound.
- Your car’s tyres are cracked due to excessive water, temperature, age and degradation damage. Cracks commonly appear after driving over potholes and curbs.
- Your car’s tyre tread is below the legal limit of 1.6mm, which means your car’s tyres haven’t worn evenly and that your car’s wheels are probably misaligned.
- Your car’s tyres aren’t properly inflated, which either overheats them (under inflated) or drastically reduces their grip on the road (over inflated).
Tyre Maintenance Tips & Tricks
Not sure how to avoid the common tyre problems listed above? Simply conduct the following checks:
- Regularly check your vehicle’s tyre pressure. We recommend doing so at least once a month and definitely before beginning a long journey.
- Regularly drive your car to help prevent your tyres from suffering cracks. By regularly driving your car, you’ll keep your vehicle’s tyre elasticity intact.
- Ensure that your car’s tyre tread always meets the legal limit of 1.6mm. Should it fall below, schedule car maintenance and repairs immediately at our Peterborough auto shop.
If you’re experiencing any of the above tyre issues or are simply not sure, feel free to contact our expert team to have your vehicle booked in for a fast and reliable health check. As part of your servicing, our technicians will run accurate vehicle diagnostics to assess your tyres and wheel alignment. Should your car require a tyre replacement, we’ll quickly advise you on the correct tyres for your vehicle’s make and model. We stock all tyre brands from Premium to Budget to ensure that we always have something to suit every budget. Contact us today to enjoy the efficient tyre service both you and your car deserve!